Choosing A Scheme

If you want to consider a home income plan or a home reversion scheme, you should get independent financial advice.

In theory, any broker should be able to give you independent advice and is obliged to do so.

But there is one broker which specializes in these schemes: Home & Capital (

In addition, the Santander now has a subsidiary that was called Abbey National Financial Services which offers independent advice on home income plans. They can be contacted through your local Santander They will also advise on home reversion schemes if that is what you want.

Tax laws are complicated and there are special rules which apply to pensioners, making the subject particularly difficult. Here we look at the principal ways in which income tax affects retired people and widows.

Find out more - Tax Allowances

or Age Limits

Tax Allowances

/retirement/pensions/income/advice/tax-allowances.php... see: Tax Allowances