Married Women

Some married women still retain the right to pay a lower rate of contribution, 6.69 % of their earnings.

If you still work, you should ask the local DWP office for advice as to whether it would be worth your while to revoke your right.

For more information look at the pensions advisory service at

Ask them if you would have any right to a pension of your own at the age of sixty or could obtain a pension by paying some back contributions. Make sure that you get their advice in writing in case it turns out they advise you wrongly.

If you want to revoke your right to pay lower contributions, obtain download NI.1 from your local DWP office and fill in the form, CF.9, at the back of it.

Please remember this website is for informational purposes only and does not constitute professional financial advice.

Read - Self Employed

or Help And Advice Is At Your Finger Tips

Self Employed

/retirement/pensions/income/self-employed.php... see: Self Employed