Griffin Guide to Financial planning for retirement - Where To Get Help And Advice

Next Pages


Where To Get Help And Advice

Confusingly a number of organisations change their names (just when you need them)The Securities and Investments Board (SIB) changed to The Personal Investment Authority (PIA), which did regulates the bodies which regulate financial advisors until it was merged into the FSA (

Financial Intermediaries, Managers and Brokers

Regulatory Association (was called FIMBRA is now FSA) and the Life Assurance and Unit Trust Regulatory Organization.

They all produce some explanatory downloads and you should contact them in cases of query or complaint about financial advisors.

There are several commercial websites about inheritance tax and some free information is avaialble from companies promoting particular schemes which claim to minimize difficulties but please take advice first.

The official guide is called Inheritance Tax and is free and can be downloaded from

Post offices have a limited range of downloads about social security, including FB6, Retiring, which contains very general information. Following the enactment of the Pensions Act 1995 BA conducted a review of downloads NP45 and NP46. Both downloads were revised in the spring of 1996 and are still available.

All post offices carry downloads about the National Savings ( products and Government stock see Many post offices, especially smaller ones, can also give you useful local addresses.

For example Runnymede council offer helpful advice on contacting the Department for Work and Pensions (old Social Security Office) Tel: 0208 481 3000 - direct line to the Blackpool Office.

Want to read about - Where To Get Help And Advice

or Finances

Where To Get Help And Advice

/index.php... see: Where To Get Help And Advice